An Endowment Fund is the best way for you to provide a perpetual source of revenue for your parish, school and other Catholic organizations or ministries that are meaningful to you. The principal of your gift remains on deposit and continues to grow, while every year the Catholic organization you’ve chosen receives income from your gift forever. An endowment may be opened with a contribution of cash, securities or other property, and may be added to at any time by you or someone else wishes to contribute the same organization.
You, as a donor, may choose to establish a restricted or unrestricted endowment fund, or both. You may assign your gift to your own parish for its use in any manner you designate, or to any other Catholic organization that you wish. You may also request that your donation simply be used to provide the greatest good to the greatest number, as an unrestricted gift.
The Foundation will work with you to clearly define your wishes and to establish an endowment that will utilize your gift exactly as you desire, with these benefits:
- Timely reports and audits assure open disclosure and public accountability of all Foundation activities
- Reduction in income taxes
- Avoid capital gains taxes on long-term highly appreciated assets
- Eliminate or dramatically reduce federal estate taxes
- Honor or memorialize a loved one, if so desired
- Establish a permanent legacy of faith perhaps in the family name
By establishing an endowment fund, you have the satisfaction of making a lasting gift that is a permanent legacy of your faith.